14 April 2015

RAW Artist's: Exposure


After two months of planning, shooting, and all around stressing, the RAW: Exposure exhibition was on last Friday!

It was a great night filled with amazing art. I was really stoked to see the project, 'Watercolour', I had been working on for the past couple of months go from ideas, to sketchers, and then to finally come together and be hung up on the wall for everyone to see.
I didn't make as much money via prints and photoshoot vouchers as I would have liked, I think it's because people who bought money were after large art pieces to hang in their houses, but I received a lot of interest in my work, and a lot of business cards were taken. People really loved my Watercolour project that I had completed. One couple really understood my goal in a lot of my photos; that nudity isn't always sexual, and they had a long conversation with Eloquent Mx Loki about it.

As far as the behind the scenes of RAW goes, I have no complaints. I've seen a lot of people calling it a scam because you have to sell 20 tickets, or pay the equivalent price, but they tell you from the beginning that this is the case, and make sure you understand before booking you in. Communication between the organizers and myself was always fast and clear, emails with updates were often sent, and they were happy to answer any questions I had. It went very smoothly, especially considering how many people, and different types of artists were participating.

My only complaint was about one guy who was quite lewd to Eloquent Mx Loki, who was topless and helping promote my work. But the organizers and security took it very seriously and helped us out. But all in all it was a great night, I'm really happy I got to be a part of it, and really proud of myself for completing such a big undertaking.

I would also like to thank a bunch of people! Thank-you to everyone who bought a ticket and came along, and those who bought a ticket and didn't come along, your support really helped me out.
Thank-you to Nate of Hades Industries for pimping me out a lot and all the support. Thank-you to Mad Dame for letting me use your studio for a week, I couldn't have created my art without that space.
Thank-you to my models Baz Kaybee, Eloquent Mx Loki, Miss Twisted, Sally Ersch, Stirling Gill-Chambers, Soot Silver, Tahlia Celenn, and Void Decay for agreeing to be a part of this project, and being gorgeous people who embodied my ideas.
I want to also send a HUGE thank-you to Karen Richens, for helping me out with funding this project.
And another huge thank-you again to Eloquent Mx Loki for supporting me with this enterprise, coming into the studio everyday with me and helping me out during the shoots, and for helping promote my work on the night. I couldn't have done it with out you.

The photos of my new project won't be posted for a little while, because I am planning to get them published. And photos from the night will be sent to me in about two weeks, once I get them I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment